Friday, November 30, 2007

Calling Hollywood?!

A friend and I spent yesterday evening walking around Connaught Place, trying to spot ourselves on a couple of maps on cellphones. I am sure half the people who saw us must have thought that we were off our noodles – two people staring intently at phones, miraculously avoiding potholes and traffic and muttering things like “It does not work here,” “You won’t believe this, it shows me in the river,” and, most often of all, “Hell! I cannot see myself. Can you see yourself?”


Being the creative (read “seriously nuts”) type, I wondered how it would have seemed if what we were doing had actually been used as a promo or trailer for a film. The results were pretty spectacular. Just read the following one sentence at a time in a deep voice with suitably dramatic music!


"Delhi. Connaught Place. 7:30 pm.


Two people. Two devices.


One application.


Their target: themselves.


On a map. On a phone.


An app will rise. A technology will fall.


And finding your way will never be the same again.


Nidhi Singal. Nimish Dubey.


Nokia N95. Nokia e61i.


GMM studios presents


A Mobile production.


A Cell film.


The Last Days of GPS


Search. And you will find yourself.


Coming soon to a device near you."



I think this has the makings of a blockbuster - it has gadgets, technology and of course, a helluva cast (two Nokia phones!!). Yes, you can contact me if you want to make the film. I have no objections to parting with a more detailed script for a million bucks. Or heck, even for a N95 8GB, although I would actually prefer an iPhone. Call me, Hollywood!

1 comment:

Nidhi Singal said...

congrats....this is the 50th entry on your blog...wow!