Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ah! The joys of neglect!

Sometimes you get the feeling that your friends are doing their best to infuriate you. It could take various forms, from casual to pretty obvious (or, make that ‘not at all pretty’ obvious) neglect.


And of course, you don’t have the foggiest notion what you have done to deserve to be treated that something the cat brought in.


What the blazes do the chumps hope to achieve through this? Honestly, I don’t have the foggiest notion. It is plain bad manners and a pretty poor advertisement for themselves. Perhaps they want to be seen as less than perfect – weird!


Ah, no prizes for guessing that I am getting the “you know that in terms of importance, you rank pretty low in my personal esteem rankings” from one of my friends. And to be honest, I am torn between the wish to give her a size 10 boot on the seat of her trousers or to just burst out laughing. Being inclined towards non-violence – officially because I am a fan of Gandhi, really because I don’t do well in fights – I am currently inclining towards the latter option.


And heck, all said and done, she is a friend. Kicking friends with size 10 boots is not a good idea. Generally.


Will I change my mind? Uh-huh! Watch this space, fellas! I can only laugh for so long. It might be kicking time soon!

No comments: