Monday, February 18, 2008

'Walking Away' explained

I have been asked by several people about what I meant by the 'Walking Away' status message that I had on Google Talk last week. Well, it's simple - I just have decided to give up on a few people. It's not as if I am writing them off or wishing them ill. No, they have been wonderful to me in the past and I do hope will be wonderful to me sometime in the future again.

If they have time, that is.

And that essentially is what it all boils down to - time. These absolutely wonderful people do seem to be a bit pressed for the commodity that is measured using clocks. Or at least, when it comes to me, their time seems to vanish. Fortunately, this shortage is just in my case - they do seem to have lots of time for other people. Even people whom they claim to dislike. Wonderful, isn't it?

Mind you, at some level, it hurts.

So, I have decided to no longer make claims on the time of these friends. I am not breaking off or breaking up with them. I am just a bit tired of begging for their time. It does get to be a bit demeaning after a while, although I realise they must be frightfully busy. Too busy to meet. Too busy to call. Too busy to respond to messages. Too busy to mail.

Too busy to even notice that I have walked away, I am sure.

1 comment:

Telefone VoIP said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.