Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Strange medicine

Friends can have the strangest effects on you. Including medical ones! Sounds ridiculous? Read on...

I was feeling a bit sick on my way back from a client’s office earlier. One of my friends was pretty concerned about me and kept asking if I was OK and offered to get me stuff that ranged from lemon drops to ice cream to iced tea to medicine. I grinned bravely and said I would manage.

I got home, rested a bit and was still feeling sick when the phone rang. I picked it up and sure enough, it was my friend asking if I was any better. “Yep, I am,” I said bravely. “I will be OK.”

I expected her to tell me to rest, to take it easy. To which I would, of course, (continuing in brave mode) say “No, there is work to do. I will come tomorrow. See you at the office.”

Fat chance.

She just laughed and said, “You had better get well. And forget about staying at home. What the devil are you going to do at home anyway? You will be bored! See you in office tomorrow!”

Some would call it rude. Some would call it insensitive.

Me? Well, all I can say is that I am sure I will be in office tomorrow. I feel better already.

No comments: