Sunday, August 12, 2007

David vs Goliath, October 29, 2000, Gaza


All your armies, All your fighters,
All your tanks and all your soldiers.
Against a boy holding a stone,
Standing there all alone.
In his eyes, I see the sun,
In his smile, I see the moon.
And I wonder, I only wonder.
Who is weak and who is strong,
Who is right and who is wrong.
And I wish, I only wish.
That the truth has a tongue.

(Poem by Qaseem Qaseem in tribute to Faris Odeh - the boy throwing the stone at the tank. For more on Faris Odeh, read the blog entry below. Picture taken from www.intifada.com)

1 comment:

Nidhi Singal said...

Lovely poem...n c truth has a tongue...that is why this poem is here...that is why your blog entry is here...!
"Only the one who stand against wrong can have bright sun in his eyes...silent moon in his smile...coz the two are eternal n so is the courage n determination to stand against anything wrong.