Sunday, September 23, 2007

All's well that ends well :)


The last few days have been pretty hectic. Lots of things happened, out of which the most significant event has been a switch in job.


I finally quit an organisation that I had been working with for over two and a half years. What has been most eventful about this career move wasn't the move itself but the events that preceded it. After periods of discussions, arguments followed by periods of silence from some of the people I had worked closely with I was losing some enthusiasm. I did take (or tried to take) all that in good spirit but somewhere I wanted things to be alright before I moved on.

So, just a day before my last day (September 7) at this organisation I learnt that a farewell dinner was being organised for me. Frankly, that lifted my spirits like nothing else. However, there were some issues like some people not wanting to turn up as they had planned something else for the evening and that I had an arguent with someone I respect most of the time etc and these did disappoint me. Anyway...


The next day, things weren't any better. By evening, I had already had enough of people and a farewell dinner didn't seem anything more than a formality - I just didn't want to attend it. I can't even remember now or rather don't wnat to remember whatever happened after that but I landed at te venue with a former colleague (whose farewell was also happening with mine) and a few othrs. The person I had fought with also landed at the venue. The colleague whose priority certainly wasn't that farewell till a day before also managed to come. And most of all, I did get back on talking terms with someone who hadn stopped speaking to me ever since I had announced about quitting.


By the end of it all, it all felt nice. I even got an iPod shuffle which till date is giving me trouble :P But, it (a gift) certainly wasn't expected.


I felt nice by the effort everyone put up to just be there. I felt nice about the shuffle :D I felt nice that things were okay. I felt nice that I was no longer hating people.


I just felt nice :)


September 7, 2007 - Happy happy :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Guess the straw finally broke the camel's back.... I m really happy for you and wish you all the best gal... You are a strong woman who gets carried away by stupid emotions which u need to work on.....

By the way I like your blog!

Peace!
Sandy